Companies House has gone fully digital after the announcement of the closure of its office in London and all filing being transferred online.
It has also permanently shut the public counters in Cardiff, Belfast and Edinburgh.
Online services will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Changes have taken place with improved security features, which include:
- Multi-factor authentication
- The ability to link your company to your WebFiling account to give you more control over your filings
- Being able to digitally authorise people to file on your behalf on WebFiling, and to remove authorisation
- To view who’s digitally authorised to file for your company
- An option to sign up for emails to help you with the running of your company
WebFiling is an online service that Companies House provides, designed to make the submission of official paperwork easier and paper-free.
Once you’ve linked your company to your account, you will not need to enter your authentication code every time you file online.
Key changes include:
- Filing deadlines will not be shortened at the moment, but legislation will be introduced to facilitate future changes.
- Small companies will no longer have the option to prepare and file abridged accounts and will be required to file both their profit and loss account and directors’ report.
- Micro-entities will also be required to file their profit and loss accounts but will continue to have the option to not prepare or file a directors’ report.
- Dormant companies will be required to file an eligibility statement.
- All companies will be required to file accounts digitally, with full tagging.
Managing your Companies House requirements can be time-consuming and distract you from growing your business. Why not find out how we can help you? Speak to our experienced team today.